In this day and age, every type of science is inextricably linked to another. Just like mathematics is now a part of many subjects feilds, similarly biology no longer remains limited to the school and practice of medicine. In this day and age it is intertwined with many disciplines. This includes hard sciences such as chemistry and physics but also of engineering, IT, design, humanities to name a few, making it very broad in its academic, theoratical and practical scope.
On the face of it, Pakistan presents a very narrow landscape for direct applications of biosciences. However, if one chooses to investigate further, there are also many indirect ways to pursue this feild.
- Writing for a biology Oriented journal or editorial
- Getting involved in teaching and passing your knowledge to the bright minds of the future.
- Working as a research fellow in a research based institution such as a university or government supported institutions such as NIH
- Pursue opportunities in pharmaceutical companies
- Explore health informatics and learn the intricate world of how health integrates with IT
- Become a public health professional and serve the public health sector
- Healthcare and biology orieted digital marketing is all the rage in this day and age, with an MBA or a related bussiness or marketing degree, you can enter into this exciting arena.
- Work as a content developer for healthcare institutions and NGOs